Eureka Greens Free Speech Headquarters

Welcome to the home of Green-oriented free speech! We invite all populist-oriented bloggers who hold the Ten Key Values dear to join a real, adult discussion about issues that matter. All registered Greens living in the Greater Eureka area are invited to open a Blogger account and help co-create this site. Any inappropriate postings or comments will be removed.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Eureka Greens Next Meeting


Meeting
Saturday August 19th
3:30 at
Has Beans Cafe
2nd and I Street
Old Town, Eureka

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap said…

    Eureka Greens
    DRAFT MEETING MINUTES – July 15, 2006

    Eureka Greens in Attendance: Xandra Manns (facilitator – Heidi was absent), Paul Dillon, David Cobb, Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap (minutes), David Giarrizzo, Jared Wilken

    Guests/Observers: None

    I. ANNOUNCEMENTS
    • Xandra urged everyone to see an Inconvenient Truth and to spread the word about the film. It is showing at the Minor and Broadway.


    II. MEMBERSHIP REPORTS
    • Nothing to report

    III. ELECTIONS
    • Paul Dillon will be leaving by the end of the month. We need someone else to be Treasurer.
    • Proposal for Xandra to open a bank account and Heidi be the other signer. When we need to have a Treasurer that person can be added as a signer. For now the duties will be minimal and Heidi and Xandra will share them (unanimous consensus)

    IV. ADOPTION OF MINUTES (April 15th, May 27th & June 17th)
    • No minutes were made available for April 15th or May 27th
    • No one had any changes to the minutes from June 17th – Jared made a motion to approve them (unanimous consensus)

    V. AMENDMENT OF EUREKA GREENS BYLAWS
    • This agenda item was withdrawn – no changes were brought forward

    VI. SUBMISSION OF ITEMS FOR GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF SEPTEMBER 17, 2006
    • Transportation Proposal (Xandra)
    • Proposal to take a position on Coal Burning Power Plant that will make hydrogen fuel (Paul Dillon has materials and would like someone to bring this to the meeting – even though he won’t be there – Xandra will bring this to the GA and bring a proposal to the SC to put on the agenda)

    VII. REVIEW OF DISTRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT DAY (September 11th)
    • Jared will determine who is organizing this event and find out what kind of role the Greens will play (perhaps more appropriate for the County Greens to play a role, rather than the Eureka Greens)

    VIII. REVIEW OF FUNDRAISING EFFORTS
    a. Block Sale Parties (garage sale and block party): start saving items and we will discuss and decide on date at the August meeting.
    b. Tabling Schedule: Jared reported that there was one table left for the 4th of July – He couldn’t get ahold of Heidi until after the event. Jared reported that Eureka Mainstreet said that to table a group needs insurance. Jared will ask the City of Eureka if a permit is needed to table at the Gazebo.
    c. Tabling Materials: still at Heidi’s house.
    d. Benefit Concert: see announcement on Eureka Greens website. David G. sent a press release. He handed out posters. Kelly O’Brien’s is letting us use the location for free. Jared offered to help put up posters – will make them black and white. Xandra called Peter Camejo (interested), Donna Warren (interested), Forrest Hill (can’t come), Larry Cafiero (said he would come). Time has been provided for anyone who wants to, to speak. Alexander Cockburn may come as well. Unfortunately we don’t have any bands from So.Hum., they can’t make it.

    IX. ENDORSEMENTS
    • Tabled until next meeting (until after the filing period has ended and someone actually brings information about the initiatives to a meeting)

    X. EUREKA GREENS VOTER GUIDE
    • We like this idea. After we make endorsements we would like to put together a voter guide. We would like the County to have the candidates night at a meeting to make presentations and the Eureka Greens will then decide who we want to support for the Eureka elections.

    XI. REVIEW OF POTENTIAL AMENDMENTS TO LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
    • This proposal is something that was proposed last Oct/Nov. The idea is that we would consider a number of policies and determine our support for them, they are on the internet (pbwiki/eurekagreens - password is green) for group discussion. Then we would determine means to get the legislation approved. Green Party Positions – idea is to make handouts for tabling. (Based on tabling sheets Xandra picked up from the San Diegos Greens)
    • Proposal: Everyone (Xandra, David G., Paul D., Budd Dickinson, Heidi) who signed up to work on this should go to website and fill your information in. At the next meeting we’ll appoint a subcommittee to move this forward.

    NEXT MEETING AGENDA ITEMS:
    • Xandy would like to discuss having a “historian” – she will bring a written proposal to the next meeting and submit it to the website ahead of time.
    • Next meeting is scheduled for August 19th at 3:30pm

    Submitted by Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap

     

Post a Comment

<< Home